Studying in Australia
Australia is fast coming up as a popular study destination among Indian students. Australia attracts approximately 9,500 students from India annually .
Most Indian students go to Australia to study in the vocational education and training system and at university level. The most popular fields of study are business and management, information technology, engineering, and tourism and hospitality. Although Indian students are increasingly studying in a wide range of disciplines at Australian institutions.
The safe, multicultural and internationally recognised environment for further education, innovative research intensive culture and international rapport has made Australia a leading provider of top quality education to international students from all over the world.
- Australia delivers practical and career-orientated training so students gain confidence and skills demanded by employers.
- Australian qualifications are internationally recognised when seeking employment or further study at leading international universities.
- Many students are attracted by the flexibilities afforded by the Australian Qualification Framework, which sets out 12 levels of qualifications across the three educational sectors - school, university and vocational education and training. Qualifications are awarded only after the achievement of competency standards. Once achieved, students can progress through different levels of qualifications, regardless of the sector in which they were achieved, thus providing many different pathways between different levels.
- The interests of international students in Australia are protected by legislation - the Education Services for Overseas Students Act. Only institutions which are registered by the Australian Government can recruit students from overseas.
- The costs of studying and living are much lower as compared to some other countries and there are some liberal merit scholarships as well. The students are allowed to work part time 20 hours a week while they are studying there.
- Academic staff in Australian education institutions are recruited from around the world and often are leading industry experts in their field.
- Teaching, training and research facilities are world-class in terms of state-of-the-art laboratories and classrooms, outstanding libraries and modern technology.